what is pilates?
Pilates is an innovative and safe system of mind-body exercise method based on the work of Joseph Pilates. (Classical Pilates) This is a full-body exercise system that emphasizes body alignment and correct breathing. With the help of an instructor, clients perform strength, flexibility and range of motion exercises on mat or specially designed equipment. Pilates engages the mind and the body to provide a full body workout! Pilates builds strength without excess bulk, capable of creating a sleek, toned body with slender thighs and a flat abdomen. By emphasizing proper breathing, correct spinal and pelvic alignment, and concentration on smooth, flowing movement, you become acutely in tune with your body.
Pilates and Your Palate Offers:
- Private one-on-one sessions
- Pilates instruction in the privacy of your own home or place of business
- Duet and group sessions
Benefits of Pilates
- Improve posture and flexibility
- Lean toned body
- Strengthen core muscles
- Improve concentration, balance, and coordination
- Improve focus and mind/body awareness
- Maintain a supple spine
- Increase confidence and physical strength
- Combined with proper diet you will lose inches
Benefits of Group Classes
- Proper Form
- Learn from experts
- It's fun!